Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Update

It's a new year and time for the first of what will be many posts in 2010.

Prior to closing on the house I knew there was an issue with the sewer line for the kitchen which was going to require repair. Old cast iron plumbing tends to deteriorate over 50+ years and if not repaired can cause some foundation shifting which would be very bad... Replacing the sewer line requires digging under the foundation and a pretty big trench to lay the new pipe. Due to some unexpected surprise it was a little more expensive and took longer than I had hoped but the company did a great job. Pictures of the work in progress are below:

From 100NCD60


From 100NCD60


One of the other projects planned was the flooring which I did not plan to mess with until living there for a few months. However, after talking to several people I was informed that refinishing hardwood floors makes a huge mess and I should do it before moving in. Here are a few pictures of the work in progress:

From 100NCD60


Removing the cork floors in the family room

From 100NCD60


Sanded floors in the formal living with a few stain options

From 100NCD60


Sanded floors in the master bedroom

Finally, a couple of weeks ago my Godfather, Craig, was nice enough to help me get some rye grass started in the backyard and it is coming in nicely. Give it a couple more weeks and I should have nice lush green backyard in the middle of winter.

From 100NCD60

No comments:

Post a Comment